Master Applied Synthesis, Cleavage and analysis (ASSA)
Official : Professor Alain MORERE
Chemistry department – Organic chemistry specialty Professional finality
The ASSA “Applied synthesis, cleavage and analysis” course falls in line with the DESS ASSA created in 1997 and offers students a training programme meeting the high demand from industrialists in pharmacy, agrochemistry, fine chemistry as well as analysis and quality laboratories.
The objective is train chemists, of executive level, who would then be skilled users of new synthesis (supported synthesis, green chemistry, …) cleavage (HPLC, SPE, …) and analysis (NMR, Mass,) techniques in medicinal chemistry and in the field of biomolecules. A complementary training programme in chemistry of art and industrial property enables to widen the scope of the prospects.
The trained specialists are capable :
- of implementing and ensuring maintenance of an automated organic synthesis laboratory (peptide, oligonucleotide synthesiser …),
- of taking part in the elaboration and the execution of a supported synthesis programme to meet a biological screening objective,
- of cleaving complex reaction mixtures via chromatographic methods (HPLC, CPG…),
- of determining the structures of the compounds synthesised by leading analysis methods (multinucleus NMR, 2D, Mass, GCMS, HPLC/MS…).
The educational team consists mainly of teachers-researchers from the Max Mousseron Biomolecule Institute (IBMM). Their skills in their fields of research are called ûpon to train student to their future responsibilities in companies. Outside contributors, industrialists or academics, partake of the training of the students in specific fields (industrial property, chemistry of art, etc).
The placement rate of our students is of the order of 75% to 80%, six months after delivery of the Master’s diploma.
The companies recruiting students graduated from the M2 ASSA are, either start-ups, or national companies, or international firms. Each year approx. 30% of our students obtain an indefinite-term job within companies based abroad. It should be noted that a few students have joined the CNRS as study engineers.
The vocation of the ME ASSA is to enable rapid integration of the students in the entrepreneurial world. However, a few students choose to carry on to a doctoral diploma.
Contact : Pr. Alain MORERE
Internet link : http://w3b.info-ufr.univ-montp2.fr/siufr/offre
Web site for ASSA Master : http://www.master-chimie.univ-montp2.fr/
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
Dans la même rubrique :
- Master SDMB
- Lipides Antipaludiques
- Oligonucléotides Modifiés
- Analyse Biomolécules
- Synthèse stéréosélective
- Plate-forme analyse et synthèse automatisée
- Chirality and asymmetric synthesis
- Master Synthèse Appliquée, Séparation et analyse (SASA)
- Master Ingénierie Cosmétiques Arômes Parfums (ICAP)
- Nucléosides & Effecteurs phosphorylés
- Sciences analytiques et modélisation moléculaire
- Téléchargez le guide des formations en chimie du Pôle Chimie BALARD